Almost AFK mining tutorial

Moderator: Helper

Farmerobot

Almost AFK mining tutorial

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:28 am

Hey, everyone! This is a guide to a mining method, that allows you to play without paying attention to the game.

Sidenote: This definitely is NOT the fastest mining technique - It mines about a million blocks per hour.

If you would rather follow a video tutorial, than this one, you can find one here.

1. Bind your mining key to your keyboard

You don't want to use your mouse. Only using your keyboard is key to this strategy, as it's easier to not look at the game while only using your keyboard. It can be any key, really. If you for some reason only want to mine with one hand, use something close to WSAD. I personally just use enter and watch videos on my phone while mining.

2. Align yourself

If you want to be consistent, you have to position yourself correctly - start in the very corner of the mine. Look straight down and ahead. To achieve this, you can use the F3 menu, as shown in the screenshot.

3. Start mining

Now, just use WSAD and your mining key to move in a pattern across the whole mine. You can check out the video version of this tutorial if you want to see how the movement should look like. Your goal here is to get as much as you can from the top layer of the mine, as you're not going to go up or down. On top of that, you want to move in a simple, repeatable pattern you can easily follow without paying attention to the game.

4. Reset the mine

When you mine the whole top layer, just type /rm, and mine it again.

4. Pay attention to chat

Sometimes you just want to sit back and relax, so you turn off your chat, so it doesn't bother you. That's NOT a good idea. You can go minutes without ever looking at your screen with this technique if you get very good at it. To add to that, your movement pattern looks really unnatural and after a while, people will start to call you out for hacking. All of this combined makes it really easy to get banned. Just remember to look at chat every once in a while and respond to any potential hackusations. I learned this the hard way, as you can see in the screenshot.

And, that's it! There's not that much to it, honestly. I hope this tutorial helped you. If you're confused about any of these steps, again, I'll remind you there is a video tutorial right here. Feel free to contact me for more information.

Return to “General”